Monday 4 May 2009

Ros Atkins' Exhibition

This Thursday is an opening for Ros Atkins' exhibition 'The state of nature' at Australian Galleries on Smith Street. I haven't seen Ros since the end of last year at Australian Print Workshop so I have been looking forward to seeing Ros and her recent works. I'll try to learn from Ros' wood engraving as a reference for my own work as I've started my new wood block. I'm doing a calcite (not bunny print for the first time in nearly 2 years!) from my fossil and stone collection. It's going to be an island where my bunnies inhabit. I'm having trouble getting a right texture of the rocky surface. Fur is far easier! Well I'll try my best and wait for APW to re-open from its renovation so I can print my wood block. When was it going to open, July...?? 

No comments: