Tuesday 1 September 2009

Childhood places revisited and first experience!


I was walking with dogs early this morning. I saw places I used to play with my friends when I was a kid. We used to think this place was haunted. Well It now looks more haunted than ever before!!! It wasn't this green when I was a kid. Cool looking though, like forests in Miyazaki's film.


This is an entrance driveway to an empty house. Now it's demolished and taken over by plants. We used to secretly sneak into this empty house, expecting something scary or mysterious would happen. It was so fun and scary. I remember getting out of this place with countless mosquito bites and cuts and scratches. Now It is jungle like the place above.


It was such a beautiful morning! Green carpet in the rice paddy, as it is summer now. Pink carpet in spring, pale yellow in autumn and dark brown in winter.

I realised I dream of these places all the time now but I didn't realise until this morning.
It was sooooo fun as a kid, everyday was an adventure! I feel glad that I grew up in a countryside, not in a city with many people and buildings.



Yesterday I voted for the first time in my life. I went to Australia before I had the voting right in Japan and obviously I don't have a voting right in Australia. And whenever I came back to Japan, it's never a voting time.
It was a huge huge surprise for Jap politics this year, it was in newspapers internationally including Australia. Conservative Japanese people finally made a huge step forward...in almost 6 decades.
I don't much know many politicians and parties so I just voted for the party my parents voted...

2 comments:

The Beaufort 8 Group said...

I was reading about the elections and was wondering if you were going to vote!
So green and beautiful!
All very boring here... x

Unknown said...

News about the election and new party is everywhere every time. Hope all is good and calm there....