Sunday 17 February 2013

Palette works

Surge, 2013
I made a watercolour drawing on palette called Surge made for Exquisite Palette Exhibition 2013 at St Luke Artist Colourmen.
I've decided to have rabbits running from the hole on the palette.
Too many rabbits are never enough.

detail, Surge

Here are other really exquisite palettes made by my friends.

Damon Kowarsky, 2013
Damon Kowarsky's palette is a etching and aquatint print of a view of Darb al Ahmar district in Cairo.
It feels as though I'm looking at an old photograph in a dark room...

Hyun Ju Kim, 2013
Hyun Ju Kim made a beautifully detailed mixed media drawing. It may be hard to see in the photo but all tones are made by layering different colours of fine lines. As always I can't keep my eyes off her drawing of wonderful world of colourful plants, monsters and birds.

St Luke's Exquisite Palette exhibition 2013 opens from 10 April - 8 May 2013

St Luke Artist Colourmen
32 Smith Street
Collingwood
VIC 3066
info@stluke.com
03 9486 9992

No comments: