Thursday 9 May 2013

Effector

My friend Cameron has a collection of guitars as well as guitar effect pedals.
I've never used one before but apparently every single pedal works differently - some make subtle variations to the sounds, while others transform the sound dramatically.

Earlier this year Cameron suggested that we make a zine based on these pedals.
I didn't know anything about them but I like the idea of drawing such fetishised objects with diverse and cool design.

As I was in Japan at the time, he started drawing the pedals from his collection and I started drawing pedals borrowed from my brother's friend.

Big Muff Deluxe by Cameron White
Russian Big Muff by Kyoko
As we worked tother, we realised I called them 'effectors', as that's what we call them in Japanese.

Thus the name of the zine!
Front cover
Cameron also has many, many resistors of different colours.
I think his suggestion to use them as staples worked very nicely.

Back
Commune - gallery, cafe and shop in Tokyo - stocks this zine in the shop.
It offers lots of great handmade jewellery as well as zines and exhibition space.

5-28-3-1F, Daita, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 155-0033
〒155-0033 東京都世田谷区代田5-28-3-1F


Opening hours:

Weekdays 14:00 - 20:00
Sat, Sun & public holiday 12:00 - 20:00
CLOSE : Thursday

If you are in Tokyo, it's worth a visit!!
Details of the zine is on my website too.

1 comment:

Carole Reid said...

Interesting that they come in so many colours and designs. I never paid much attention to them and then you two come up with this clever zine! Life is good.