Tuesday 4 June 2013

Bird prints

Long tailed tit, 2013
I've been making bird prints in preparation for a bird show in October and November that I'm having with Bridget Farmer in Castlemaine.

Long tail tit is a tiny round bird commonly found in Europe and Asia.
Without the tail, it's smaller than even a sparrow.
This Long tailed tit I drew is Aegithalos caudatus japonicus, subspecies that inhabits in Hokkaido - the northern island of Japan.
It has white head with no spots with really cute face!

Chestnut-cheeked Starling, 2013
Chestnut-cheeked Starling is a species of starling about 19cm in length inhabiting in Sakhalin islands in Russia, Kuril islands and northern Japan and moves to Philippines and Borneo in winter.
During breeding season, they live in pairs but they form a group when they move locations.
This bird had a combination of beautiful cream colour head and brown patch on the cheeks.
I saw this guy in National Science and Nature Museum in Tokyo, and fell in love with his shape of the body and beautiful colour.

Geese and lotus, 2013
I met these geese at just outside Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery.
I went there with my dad early in he year and they kept following my dad.
There are lots of them!
I drew lotus in Royal Botanical Garden in Sydney when I visited there with my dad too.
Lotus is one of my favorite plants, if not the best.
It always is a symbolic, and 'spiritual' plant (though I hate to use this word) and I just love the curious shape and large flowers hovering over the top.
Geese and Lotus was printed in this kind of pinky colour but I intend to print it in different colours too.

1 comment:

Carole Reid said...

WOW that will be absolutely wonderful show!