Monday 1 September 2014

Australian Print Workshop

This year I have been awarded Dowd Foundation Scholarship to work at Australian Print Workshop for three months.
I feel so fortunate and honoured to receive such a prestigious award.

It has been fantastic to be able to work full-time on my print work as I haven't worked on my prints for a while as I was busy with creating artist books and collaborative prints in the past few months.

And I get to work with Simon the master printer at APW to produce two prints.
I've decided to create lithographs as this is something I wouldn't be able to do on my own and it is quite ambitious for me.

Freshly etched plate

'Rue des Gravilliers', almost ready to etch
First state of crested pigeon print
I've been drawing plates at the moment but I'll soon be printing there so if you are in the neighbourhood, please pop in for a chat between Wednesday to Saturday!

Australian Print Workshop
210 Gertrude Street
Fitzroy
VIC 3065

4 comments:

Elwyn Crawford said...

Congratulations on your win. Will look forward to seeing your posts of the lithographic process and, of course, the eventual output.

Spikeabell said...

Congratulations, that sounds fabulously dreamy, very well done! Not that we have met...but I'd love to see some of your work in the flesh. I'm in a group show at Red Gallery, Fitzroy later this month. I'll pop over on the Wednesday if I can.

Spikeabell said...

oh and I love 'Rue des Gravilliers' can't wait to see it printed

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!!!
Yes I will be sure to document the process of lithography!!!
Thank you Spikeabell, maybe could you pls send me an email kyoko@kyokoimazu.com when you come so I'll make sure I'll be in the studio!