Tuesday 9 February 2010

Meringue time



Another collection show-off time...
I have this delicious sugary looking specimen called Aragonite.
Aragonite often looks needle-like and fibrous but this particular one is called flos-ferri (flowers of iron).
This one can look a bit like a coral too.



I might eat it if this was served with my afternoon tea! Vanilla flavoured meringue!

I didn't have any habits of looking at mineral specimens as sweets but one of my favorite authors in Japan does it in her blog. It's all in Japanese but pictures are quite cute.
Since I met her books and blog, I can't help but look at minerals as sweets now.
Always makes me hungry!

2 comments:

thehauntedstudiounderthestairs said...

Dear K-

It does look more like popcorn.
I love collecting minerals and have all sorts of those neat stuff the ground coughs up. I think of them as earth boogers.

k

Alexander Ouchtomsky said...

Yum!