Monday 30 September 2013

The Bird Room

My fellow printmaker Bridget Farmer and I are having an exhibition called The Bird Room opening on Saturday 5 October at Faulkner Gallery in Castlemaine, Victoria.

I'm very pleased that we can finally have a show together after admiring her work so long.


When we first met, Bridget was studying her MFA and I was doing my last year of BFA at RMIT University in 2007, but we really started getting to know each other at Australian Print Workshop in 2008.
She was working there after being awarded her Australian Print Workshop Collie Print Trust Scholarship and I was trying to keep my print practice going after graduating from uni.
Since then we've talking about our love for birds and animals and finally we get to have a show together!
Finch V by Bridget Farmer

Cufulin by Kyoko Imazu

The Bird Room
3 October - 24 November
Opening: Saturday 5 October, 2 - 4pm

Ian Clark is also having an exhibition "The Absence of Drama" of his painting, linocuts and drawings and Lee Shelden is showing her drawings called "Drawn Threads" in the other rooms at Faulkner Gallery.

35 Templeton Street
Castlemaine
VIC 3450
Australia


1 comment:

Carole Reid said...

Oh my gosh this will be a magnificent show!
Will it travel to Vancouver, Canada? What a treat that would be.